When it comes to Type II Diabetes, there are many natural therapies that can be used to improve your HgA1C and blood sugars as well as reduce or even prevent certain long term side effects of diabetes. With the diabetic epidemic currently leading to a 70% increase in the rate of diabetes seen in adults in their 30s, this epidemic must be stopped. This is where diet and lifestyle modifcations can help prevent your risk of developing diabetes as well as can reverse your diabetes in some cases.
What to Know:
- Vitamin B12– is commonly deficient in diabetics who are currently taking metformin as metformin has been shown to deplete B12.
- Biotin – stimulates glucose- induced insulin secretion in pancreatic Beta cells. High dosesof biotin can improve glycemic control in diabetes.
- Magnesium – low magnesium exacerbates foot ulcers in diabetics.
- Lipoic Acid – enhances glucose uptake and improves glucose tolerance in type 2 diabetics. It has also been shown to be an effective treatment for diabetic neuropathy.
- Inositol– another key nutrient shown to be an effective treatment for diabetic neuropathy.
- Carnitine– reduces and even prevent pain from diabetic neuropathy. It also improves insulin sensitivity by increasing glucose uptake and storage.
- Coenzyme 10 – protects kidneys from diabetes related damage. It also has been shown to improve glycemic control in type 2 diabetics.