So what’s this Coconut Oil Pulling you may ask? Well, you may have heard celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow rave about it but what is Oil Pulling exactly? Oil Pulling was originally developed from Ayurvedic medicine, a thousand-year-old form of medicine found in India. Oil Pulling has been used for centuries as an amazing oral detoxifier. Coconut Oil Pulling is actually one of the best natural ways to remove oral bacteria as well as support healthy gums and teeth.
Some of the benefits of Oil Pulling include:
- Reduce bad breath
- Healing bleeding gums
- Reduce Inflammation
- Soothe throat dryness
- Whiten Teeth
- Heal cracked lips
- Strength gums
How to use a Coconut Oil Pulling Mouthwash:
- Make sure to begin your oil pulling first thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything.
- Swish about 1-2 tablespoons for about 10 minutes
- Spit out the oil and rinse your mouth with water.
- Brush your teeth normally with toothpaste
- For the best results, repeat 3-5 days a week.
My Favorite Oils for Coconut Oil Pulling: You can definitely use your Virgin Coconut Oil typically found in your kitchen and accomplish the same results that a labeled Coconut Mouthwash will provided. But if you would like to use a Coconut Mouthwash, my favorite is Doctor Ginger’s Coconut Mouthwash! It is mint flavored and has worked really well for my patients. Doctor Ginger’s brand also has fabulous Coconut Oil teeth whitening pens and toothpastes as well.